Sr. Events Planner
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The Senior Event Planner will support the marketing team by
leading the evaluation, coordination, planning and external vendor
management for key retail industry trade shows and events. This
role will focus on driving successful events by understanding and
contributing to the events strategy, leading the event planning
process with key stakeholders, and bringing new ideas that enable
relevant lead generation, meaningful customer & partner engagement,
and delivering unique event experiences that build the reputation
of the brand.
Areas of Expertise and Skills:
- Experience researching and performing on-site evaluations of
potential industry trade shows.
- Acting as the focal point to manage the planning and
coordination of industry trade shows including recurring planning
meetings with key stakeholders, coordinating logistics, venue
selection, attendee registrations, lodging, and on-site
- Experience working in a team to develop a comprehensive annual
- Strong, efficient communication skills to work across teams and
with external vendors and organizations.
- Experience tracking event progress schedules, budget/spend, and
providing status updates to management.
- Experience managing relationships with external vendors and
trade show organizations to coordinate event sponsorships,
production, and show services.
- Understanding of business goals and strategies across key team
to deliver successful events.
- Coordinate planning and logistics meetings with internal and
external stakeholders, as necessary.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, implementing virtual events
elements to trade shows.
- Experience providing guidance to more junior-level event
- Perform other duties to support the team as assigned.
- Providing support for other external meetings including
sales/partner road shows or advisory councils as needed.
- Understanding of virtual/hybrid events and applicable
technology as part of a broader events strategy.
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years in proven success in event planning.
- Knowledge of event planning strategy and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time
management, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Ability and passion to contribute new ideas and contribute to a
larger event strategy.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Experience in building and maintaining strong business
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes and quick
- Ability to professionally resolve issues.
- Bachelor s degree in event management or a related
- Knowledge of common marketing activities.
- Experience with event planning software or scheduling
- Knowledge of virtual events activities and tools.
- Flexibility to travel as needed.
- CTSM certification is a plus.
Willingness to travel up to 20%; availability to participate in
occasional evening and weekend events or meetings.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar
global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing
retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been
in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe s Foods,
earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at
retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin
Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ s, or Costco? These are just a few
examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base
that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our
'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory
shopping experience, let s get together to drive the new
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary
and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the employment process should email to
request an accommodation
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our
people are an integral part to the success of our customers.
Furthermore, we re committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
for all our people as highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create
Outreach, Foster Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural
Engagement and Culture of Transparency). We re passionate about our
customers the retail industry and becoming a more responsible
company as we help create a brighter future.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Chapel Hill , Sr. Events Planner, Accounting, Auditing , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!