Auditor - Internal Accounting
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job Title:Internal Auditor (FIN-INCR-04052022-001)
Introduction:The Internal Auditor is primarily responsible for
executing annual risk based operational audit engagement plans to
provide assurances regarding the efficiency of critical business
processes and the existence of effective controls, to mitigate
business risks. The Sr. Internal Auditor assists in the development
of the annual audit plan. This role works closely with management
and business functional owners, to ensure that processes and
standard operating procedures (SOPs), and control documentation is
maintained and continuously improved. The Sr. Internal Auditor will
be the lead auditor on operational audit project engagements,
ensuring execution and timely completion, in accordance with the
professional practice of internal auditing. The person in this role
provides best practice recommendations to remediate audit
deficiencies, communicates audit findings to management, and to the
company's Chief Financial Officer and Internal Control Leader;
conducts fraud risk assessments and upholds other applicable
standards. The Sr. Internal Audit may perform and supervise
additional audit projects, as requested by management, or as
proactively identified, in interactions with other business
stakeholders, and ensures the performance of all duties is in
accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
- Manages and serves as Lead Auditor on Risk Based Operational
Audits. Document audit findings supported by workpapers evidence.
Write full audit report, including condition, root cause analysis,
business impact, conclusion, and recommendation for remediation.
Present and communicate remediations and other relevant issues to
senior management, process owners and other relevant parties.
Facilitate the remediation of the business process or control
deficiencies and gaps.
- Executes risk based operational audit plan in collaboration
with the Senior Audit Manager. Ensures execution of audit project
engagements are consistent with COSO Framework, Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Professional Practice
Frame (IPPF), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and
other applicable standards. Coordinate critical business process
risk assessment, impact, and process control recommendation.
- Maintains effective and professional relationships with company
business process owners, Finance Senior Level Team members,
Executive management and others dealt with in a professional
capacity. Maintains a current level of knowledge relating to
professional standards and emerging industry and technical
- Advises finance functional managers on updating their Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation, which includes process
maps, risk assessment and control descriptions.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for process improvements and
assist the business stakeholders in adequately addressing
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Required Skills:
- Bachelors degree required.
- 5+ years of Internal Audit experience.
- Analytical skills including the ability to draw conclusions
regarding controls weaknesses and the ability to write a full audit
report with an executive summary.
- Strong collaboration skills across several business and finance
- Knowledge of and experience working consistent with COSO
Internal Control Framework as it pertains to this position,
including but not limited to, International Professional Practice
Framework (IPPF) of Internal Auditing, applicable to the company's
compliance with proper financial reporting and accounting
- Advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited
to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly grasp business
needs and objectives.
- Ability to identify and communicate solutions to complex,
time-critical, or recurring business issues.
- Ability to analyze business process risk, impact and determine
or recommend appropriate best practices.
- Ability to organize and prioritize the teams work schedule on a
short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to interact with Auditors, Senior Management, and
representatives from the parent company.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and
outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other
groups as needed.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and adapt
quickly to change.
- Experience with delivering audit summary presentations in
PowerPoint and proficient in Excel and Word.
- Prefer any of the following designations: Certified Public
Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified
Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner
(CFE).About the Company:Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a
dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle
Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands.
Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at
Lowes Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for
purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The
Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJs, or Costco? These are just
a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer
base that made us the world's installed market share leader. The
nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together
Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping
experience, lets get together to drive the new economy. Toshiba
Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and
generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
days EEO: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements.Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation
because of a disability for any part of the employment process
should email benefits@Toshibagcs.com to request an
accommodation.DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:We at Toshiba Global
Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our people are an integral
part to the success of our customers. Furthermore, were committed
to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all our people as
highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create Outreach, Foster
Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural Engagement and
Culture of Transparency). Were passionate about our customers the
retail industry and becoming a more responsible company as we help
create a brighter future.
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Chapel Hill , Auditor - Internal Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!