Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: May 4, 2021
The Night Auditor is responsible for the preparation and
disposition of all Night Audit work. Responsible for the front desk
operation during the overnight shift (Typically 11pm-7am). Primary
responsibilities include: registering guests making reservations
preparing daily reports balancing transactions and conducting
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Must be able to problem solve and troubleshoot in order to
resolve guest issues that may arise and respond to emergency
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work in a self-managed environment.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a
friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures
- Balance the day's work (i.e. movie revenue telephone postings
valet laundry server's and desk agent's paperwork etc.).
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office
procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain Front Office computer system operation according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11:00
p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Follow up to ensure periodic checks by the Midnight House
Attendant are made of building and guest corridors to ensure all
areas are locked and secured (property specific)
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests daily from
11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Follow safety and emergency procedures according to Aimbridge
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e. log books etc.) according
to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies and house
- Complete the initial direct bills daily and place on the
Property Accountant's desk; Attach all folio/banquet check back-up
to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other associates during entire
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful
and courteous to all guests managers and fellow associates.
- Prepare and distribute the Daily Flash Report as needed.
- Transfer the master or house accounts as necessary.
- Distribute work (i.e. revenue printouts charge and paid folios
vouchers and checks etc.) as directed by S.O.P.'s.
- Train any new Night Auditors as requested by management.
- Run morning reports according to Aimbridge Hospitality
- Assign delivery of newspapers daily. Deliver or assign delivery
of Express Check-Out's.
- Follow up to ensure that nightly walk-through includes removal
of all room service trays and straightening of pool and Jacuzzi
area (property specific)
- Handle items for _oLost and Found__ according to the
- Complete any reports as requested by management in a timely
- Complete any miscellaneous duties as required (i.e. resetting
Food and Beverage P.O.S. where necessary distribution of credit
'Watch List' and preparation of daily revenue summary).
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Guest Services
Manager or any other member of management.Less than a 5 minute
drive from University of North Carolina, this hotel features a
fitness center and free Wi-Fi. Guests can relax at the outdoor
patio or in the indoor pool.A 42-inch flat-screen TV and an iPod
docking station are found in each bright room at Aloft Chapel Hill.
Guest rooms feature modern decor and come equipped with a work desk
and tea and coffee-making facilities.A laundromat and a business
center are provided for added guest convenience at the Chapel Hill
Aloft. Guests also have access to an activities lounge that
includes a pool table.The on-site bar, w xyz, is the perfect way to
wind down at the end of the day. The menu features signature
cocktails and a selection of beer and wine. A 24/7 grab-and-go
eatery offers a variety of snacks and drinks.The Kenan Memorial
Stadium is 2 miles away. The shopping and dining of East 54
Community are located next to hotel.As the global leader in
third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over
1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international
lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle
hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about
serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a
culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of
possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.After an initial waiting
period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a
competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Chapel Hill , Night Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!